Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I am NOT a morning person

It's 10am, and truthfully I'm just starting to feel the teeniest bit ready for the day. And I've been up since 6am. Even after 3 years of working at SYSCO and being at the office by 7:30am each morning, I am still NOT a morning person. Even my boss at SYSCO commented that I didn't really come alive until 10am! I have never been a morning person. I attribute this to the Rundle side of the family because my mom is most definitely a morning person. You can only imagine how badly that worked out when I was still living at home. As many know, I'm not a big talker in general, but I'm pretty much mute in the mornings. Yet, that almost always seemed to be when my mom liked to play 20 questions with me. NOTE to everyone else, please don't do that. I try to live by the rule, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" in the mornings. You've been warned! My dad wasn't a morning person either, and neither is his sister or my sister. When I was in middle school and high school, I would regularly sleep until noon or 1pm on Saturday mornings because I could...and because I LOVE sleep. I especially love sleep when it's cold, and I can snuggle lower beneath the warm, cozy covers. I could spend all day in bed like that - just a big lazy bump on a log covered in mounds of blankets (sigh). Typically, I'm a night person. Although, when I was in Houston, working full-time, and busy Monday through Thursday evening, by Friday I was pitifully zonked out and in bed by 9pm.

Where did this "NOT a morning person" diatribe come from? Pretty much just because I had to get up earlier than usual to take my bosses to the airport this morning. However, I only had to meet them at 7am to take them to the airport, which really isn't all that early but because I'm not a morning person it's like pulling teeth. And I knew I would need to get up a bit earlier (6am) and have some God time in order to be at least polite on the drive to the airport. I knew there was no way I'd be allowed to be completely mute on the drive there. And I'm definitely wishing I could go crawl back into bed and sleep...until tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

AHH. I am a night owl as well. and I have had to convert to mornings b/c of school and kids etc. My daughter.. IS SUCH a night owl.. At 11 I am fighter her to go to bed b/c 545 comes mighty early and she DOES NOT Want to get up!
I am with you!