Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wonderful God

Wow, it has been nearly two years since I last posted a blog! The past few years have been difficult, and when things get difficult - I hide. Or attempt to hide. It's not even as though there has been one particular event that has caused me to go into hiding - it's just been a struggle, and continues to be a struggle as I follow after the path He has for me. For most of it, I felt like I was being led with a bag over my head - swiped at occasionally by branches that are in the way, and stumbling and scraping my knees on rocks that seem to materialize from nowhere - but all the while trying to keep up with the One who is leading the way. While I realize this sounds like I'm being led away by a kidnapper, lately the Lord has helped me reframe this feeling so that it's not me feeling lost and led to my doom - which was kind of how the career aspect of my life felt these past couple of years...but now He's helped provide me with a new view - where it's more about awaiting a big surprise. I like surprises - happy surprises at least. So now the journey is more about the different surprises He has for me along the way. I can't see the whole picture, but eagerly await the surprise of each new day. And part of the surprise has been how quickly He orchestrated me getting my new job! In a matter of less than two weeks, I was offered my new position. Saw the posting for the job on a Friday, submitted my resume the following Monday, received a call on Thursday to go in for screening on Saturday, ended up interviewing on Saturday, and was offered the position the following Monday - and there was no networking involved! He is the One who ordained each step - and I am very thankful :-)

So the past two years...work was mostly filled with trudging and treading water to make it work - a means to an end financially. But outside of work, the Lord filled my life with MANY new friends - a whole new group of people that make up my DFW family. Such as my lovely Life Group ladies that I got to go to a Rangers game with last week:






Yep, our group has grown so much that we had to multiply and become two groups - but we still love it when we can all get together, too!

And I got to take a pretty awesome road trip with this group of godly ladies:


Apparently I didn't get the memo that we were supposed to wear a black jacket that day ;-) We explored two Nashvilles (Tennessee & Indiana), and I got to show off a little bit of Louisville. But really the majority of the trip was about us eating our way through the states ;-) It was a very yummy Spring Break! I may write a more extended blog about the spring break trip...we shall see, as I get back into the blogging groove.

But basically in the midst of the struggle - I have definitely been blessed with a fabulous support system!


So this is me - dipping my toe back into the blogging world! It is my goal to update you more than every two years - so hold me to it :-)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Glad you're back friend!!!! Love reading your stuff!!!