Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday's Tips

As I get back into this whole blogging thing, I'm realizing that part of why I dropped off is that I didn't have a sense of structure or format for my blog.  Thus, I'm going to try my hand at having some regular entries like...Tuesday's Tips.  Yes, I know, not the most clever or creative title for a weekly blog entry - but I'm on my lunch break with an allergy clogged head - maybe I'll come up with something better down the road, just trying this out for now in an attempt to create a blogging rhythm.  Heck, I'll even take suggestions if you have a clever title/writing idea for me to replace it.  This week the tips are a couple of my favorite products of late:

This Tuesday's Tips...

1.  Amy's Kitchen frozen foods




If you have not been exposed to these, you must give them a try.  I'm not much of a frozen dinner person, although I will admit that in recent years it seems the big brands such as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice are formulating more interesting menu options with "natural" or organic ingredients.  However, Amy's Kitchen triumphs over the other competitors in my opinion.  Their frozen offerings cover Mexican, Italian, Indian, Asian, and comfort foods - with bowls, complete dinners, desserts, and snacks - and its all vegetarian made with organic ingredients!  And they taste great without being pumped full of sodium, sugar, or other preservatives.  Now, I will qualify that I am only mentioning Amy's frozen dinners because I'm not as impressed by the soups I've tried (they all basically tasted the same), nor have I tried each and every frozen option - but of the many I have tasted, I have yet to be disappointed.  As far as price point is concerned, these options as most organic products, are typically more expensive than the other frozen food giants - but even Walmart has started stocking some of the Amy's Kitchen line, so you'll likely be able to find it discounted the most there.


2. 

For those of you like me, who are trying to become more budget conscious and steer away from paying for outrageous cable and/or DVR fees - you might look into giving Hulu Plus a try.  Considering I found myself watching most of my TV shows via my DVR anyways, this has been a good alternative to cable for me because with Hulu Plus most shows are available to view the day after they air.  Now in order for it to play on your TV - you'll need to have a Blu-ray device or something like this Roku, that connects to your internet router and TV. 


There are some downfalls to Hulu Plus, such as the CBS shows are not available to watch via Hulu - those you have to go directly to the network's website or watch them live.  Also, there are some shows for NBC and cable networks that are only available to view via Hulu's website and cannot be viewed via the TV or mobile device option.  However, for less than $10 a month - this is still better for me than cable since I'm not paying a monthly equipment fee or an exorbitant rate for cable TV access on top of my cable internet fee.  Also, Hulu Plus has other TV series that you may not have seen in their first run and can now watch all of those episodes whenever you want - such as Trauma, Angel or Pretender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on...really? No more tips?!
Marcie