Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stupid freaking internet

If I had a poetic bent, I would write an ode to the crap-tastic internet that we have at the CHP offices. It would be called An Ode to Crap-tastic Internet, and it would rhyme and be pithy and witty with an excellent tempo....it would even be in iambic pentameter! Okay, maybe not iambic pentameter - I mean, I'm not Shakespeare....who am I kidding? I'm not even actually writing a poem, just dreaming about writing a poem and how great it would be at describing how stinking frustrating this internet connection (or lack there of) is. The upload speed is about .000000002 kilobytes per second (kb/s) - or at least that's what it seems like more often than not. And the download speed is marginally better. You might be thinking...for a media ministry isn't it imperative to have a decent internet connection? Yep, it pretty much is but there aren't a lot of choices for us regarding the monopolistic internet providers in Louisville. And have fun trying to create and send out a web-based e-newsletter when the internet connection is sketchier than a televangelist selling prayer scarves.

If I perchance come to mind throughout your day/week/month, send up a prayer for us here at CHP as we slowly make our way through the work day with our stupid piece of trash internet. (Sorry I am not more grateful in this post...I like to be thankful, but this internet is just too ridiculous for me).

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are cracking me up!!!!

Heather said...

You are hysterical. As for iambic pentameter- I couldn't write that to save my life. Hated writing poems like that in school. Sorry to hear that the internet connection is so awful there...

Anonymous said...

"sketchier than a televangelist selling prayer scarves"


haha

thank you for that

Cassie Pelan said...

Preach it sister.