Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Message from Wendy in Kenya!

My sister left a week ago with a group from Sky Ranch for Kenya. She will be there for a full month! Those of you who know Wendy, also know that she can be quite the princess ;-) Yet, she has dreamed of going to Kenya and ministering to the kiddos over there for several years - and now she's finally doing it! Here is a note that she just sent via Facebook about her experience so far in Kenya:

Ok so it is completely ridiculous that i am in Kenya and on facebook but it was the quickest way to get in contact with all the people I love and who could copy and email this out to everyone else who is not on facebook. This country is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE it!!!! We don't have campers just yet but we are visiting schools were our campers go. They rush to the cars and just want to touch us, like we are famous and it is one of the most humbling expericences I have ever encountered, because I am so unworthy of this attention. They all love to touch my hair as well and it is completely dirty due to not showering in 4 days. Yes that is right I didn't shower for 4 days but neither did anyone else because it is a cold bucket of water. Oh and yes i have gone to the bathroom in a hole in the ground and it really isn't all that bad, your legs get really strong as well. The food is actually wonderful. But by far my favorite part is the children and i can not wait until camp begins. I just want to take them all home. the first week of camp is orphans from the two orphanages in the area. Oh my goodness i am almost out of time on this computer and I have so much more to say. I am at a resort right now yeah i knwo it is a mission trip but we went on a safari and we saw lots of animails in their natural habitats and it was awesome. Sorry for the awful writing i am typing as fast as i can and the connectino is really slow. I didn't get everyone on this message due to it loading so slow so please pass this on to everyone and let them know i love them - BYE

No comments: