Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Friday, May 16, 2008

The simple things...

After having been annoyed to the point of exhaustion and frustration by the neediest Labrador known to man, I had to take some time to myself last night. For those who don't know, I have been animal-sitting (dog & cat) for one of my co-workers since last Friday. This dog, while extremely sweet-natured, has some of the worst attachment issues of any animal I have encountered. It follows my every move around the house, which is one thing with a small dog that you can step over...with this big dog...ugh. And she whines, a lot, and barks, a lot, in the middle of the night even. And the cat has also taken up whining - meowing, as some people may term it - whatever, sounds like whining to me. And the cat, who usually will not lower herself to spend time with humans, for whatever reason has been wanting to be close to me - the ultimate cat-hater! It keeps trying to walk near me and wanting to rub up beside me, and I have to keep telling it, "We are NOT friends - GO AWAY." I am allergic to cats, so I can feed it and keep it hydrated, but I do not and will not pet or hold cats, and I will not allow them to rub their nasty, allergy-ridden fur up against me.

So having had enough of the whining and being constantly followed by the neediest dog EVER, I went to my apartment for a night alone. Now, don't worry the poor helpless animals had been sufficiently taken care of - they'd been fed and loved, given treats, let outside, blah blah blah. I didn't leave the house until about 8:30pm so they were fine. I went home to enjoy the peacefulness of my apartment. I popped myself a snack bag of popcorn, melted a teensy bit of extra butter to drizzle on top, and poured some Coke to complete my yummy snack. Then I plopped down on my sofa to watch the one hour season finale of The Office (for the love Jim! you needed to move quicker on the proposal - geez), and Lost (I am sooooo confused this season, I'm gonna have to re-watch them online...like that's gonna help! HA!) And then I slept in my own glorious bed without a whining, attention hungry dog at my side and no barking in the middle of the night! (sigh) It was great. I woke up refreshed and rested and ready to drive all the way back out to the house to feed the animals their breakfast. Only two more days, and then I get a five day reprieve before the next round of animal-sitting. Pray for me...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you got some much needed rest!!!

Heather said...

Good for you going home to get some needed rest. I am sure the animals were fine while you were away. You do more pet sitting than anyone I know (that or house sitting :-) )