Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Monday, February 4, 2008

Craziness...

Been a couple of weeks now since I last blogged - not for lack of things to blog about - just lack of time and energy. Part of what sucked the energy out of me is that City on a Hill was in the midst of doing some pick-up shots for the Easter Pageant at Southeast Christian Church. To see some behind the scenes photos of the filming take a look at the January 25th blog post on the Southeast Easter Pageant website. Below, you'll spy a photo of me as a Mary Magdalene stand-in. They put a wig on me and teased some of my own hair, darkened my hands and arms - all to get a back shot of me as Jesus (Shane Sooter) reaches out and takes my hand.



The weekend after the film shoot, the craving to be girly struck me again at the beckoning of my co-worker, Cassie - and I got acrylic nails for the first time. Yes friends, somehow even after being in several weddings, I had managed to remain a manicure virgin until the age of 28 - shocking, I know. I still remain a pedicure virgin, but I am sure that one of these days my sister's insistent nature will get the better of me and I will succumb to the temptation of getting a spa pedicure. Here are a couple of photos of my "oh-so-girly" french nails:



And this past week or so has been its own adventure...the girls at City on a Hill (Cassie, Molly, Amanda, and myself) have been tasked with painting the ceiling tiles in ALL the offices. Now, you might be thinking, "that's not too bad, you just pull them out of the ceiling, paint them on the ground, let 'em dry, and put 'em back up in the ceiling." Well, that's what we thought too....oh, except for the silly insulation sitting on top of the ceiling tiles which was in rectangles almost the exact size of the ceiling tiles themselves. Thus, we decided against pulling out all the ceiling tiles and hazardous insulation - and instead we have been painting the super-absorbent, porous, nook and cranny littered ceiling tiles with long-reaching, neck-straining paint rollers and doing touch-up painting with paint brushes while sitting atop ladders. Thankfully, my dear co-worker Molly, aka Sunshine, has lovingly kept us liquored up on soda and chocolate - while the males (guests and co-workers alike) who wander through the offices take their lives in their hands by continuing to offer us unsolicited advice and chuckling. The only one among them to not partake in this treacherous offense is our co-worker and wise sage, John McGrath. As of today, only 3 offices left to go! Did I mention this is also my FIRST time painting a room, as well? I'm losing my innocence one week at time...sigh.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Scary hair, fancy nails, losing your "virginity" - dang you move to KY and you go to pot!!!

just kidding. I'm glad you're safe after last nights storms!!