Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Monday, June 22, 2009

It's a Reality Summer

There's not much to watch in the way of scripted television this summer, and granted I could be more studious and choose to read rather than watch TV. However, after working HARD at a job that is - well - just a job, not exactly my favorite thing to do - and a little bit stressful with this crazy economy...when I get home the last thing I want to do is read, even for escapism. I'm much too lazy for that. Thus, I have turned to reality TV, not my favorite but it does fulfill my natural voyeristic tendencies. Having majored in psychology, I enjoy people-watching, seeing how people interact with one another and present themselves.

The first of my summer reality shows - yes, I confess - I am watching another season of The Bachelorette. After watching Deanna pick the wrong guy a year ago...and then watching Jason become super jerk...I am now watching Gillian be blinded by the singing and southern charm (gag) of Wes (who unfortunately is from my home state, TX - so disappointing). And tonight she sent home three other Texans - one who is a great guy, Jake; one who is a great guy but a little too young and aimless, Robby; and one who is probably a great guy, but is overshadowed by his annoying foot fetish, Tanner P. But she kept Wes...ugh...I want to punch this guy in the face, kick him in the shins, tar and feather him and tie him up by his ankles. Can you tell that I don't like this guy? He is solely on the show to further his lame music career - and let's be honest - he's not that good, there's a reason he hasn't produced an album yet. And the show only plays one line of this song he's supposedly written "for Gillian" - pretty sure it's for any woman who will buy his schtick. As for the other guys she has left to choose from, they all seem fairly okay - it'll be interesting to see how the home dates go and get a glimpse into the families of these guys - although it looks like song-boy Wes introduces her to - surprise - his band as opposed to his family...ugh...cannot stand this jerk.

I'll introduce you to my next reality addiction tomorrow...sleepy time now

No comments: