Want to know why I'm blogging??

Take a gander at my introductory blog: Explicate Your Analog


Friday, August 8, 2008

Latest Message from Wendy

Just got this via Facebook from Wendy:

Ok so i got internet access again so i thought i would send yall a quick note but I have to copy and paste again cause stinky facebook only allows you to put so many people on message... LAME! Since the last time I wrote it has been crazy, half of our team got a stomach virus so we connected by being sick in the cho (aka the hole in the ground we call a bathroom). I was one of the lucky team members that got sick but we all got through it and God taught us to trust in Him because we luckily got sick before the kids came. We just finished our first week of camp and it was amazing. We had orphans as our first week of campers and it broke my heart to see them leave today, if only I were in a place to adopt there were definetely a couple I would love to adopt. The week was filled with games and bible study. BK and I are roomies and we had the youngest campers and half of them were bed wetters... which was interesting... pray the pee smell will air out soon. The cutest was, BK and I left the room to get ready and came back to see them draging their mattresses outside. Every day these kids start by washing their clothes in buckets with bars of soap so we would stand outside amazed at these kids scrubbing away while we stood watching in the same clothes we have worn for three days... sigh I have become disgusting and dirty, but a cold shower is just torture and no one showers here. These kids were amazing in the knowledge they already have in the Lord so we were stretched in trying to challenge them even more. Also these kids had pretty hard shells when they first got here due to constantly having people come in and out of their lives, so it was a bit of a battle to break through, but by the end of the week they were all hugging on us and sharing their lives with us. Please be in prayer for next week we have our regular campers but they do not know english as well, so we will be even more dependent on our translators.
All but one of the action packers was found, the baby supplies was located... YAY! the action packer that is lost does not have necessay supplies.
AHHH I have to go cause everyone is yelling at me cause we all have to share the computer.
I love you all!!!!
Wendy

3 comments:

Bri Westbury said...

Hey lady, how long is Wendy in Kenya for? I have some friends who spend about half a year at Nairobi Kenya teaching at the Day Star Seminary-if she is staying there long they should try and meet up...

Also, what is your email address???

kd_rundle said...

Wendy will be in Kenya for a month, but I'm fairly certain she gets back to the US on August 24th. I don't really have any way of contacting her while she's there, although she has been able to obviously get a little bit of computer time while she's over there.

My e-mail address is kd_rundle@yahoo.com

Rebecca said...

You've been tagged- go to my site to see.